Sunday, November 29, 2009

Purpose of Time to Tell...Me and You

4 years ago, I knew God was asking me to expose this topic in a way that would rattle the cages of a culture that would rather not say or would rather not know. Not so much because we are afraid, but because we have been silenced.

When I was a child, I was feisty, gregarious, adventurous, delightful (if I do say so myself & my mom would say so too so it must be true), precocious, inquisitive, not shy and quite a talker. Okay, some things never change.

And, even though I possessed all of those bold outward qualities, I still could not escape a moment in my life when a predator violated my innocence and then in what seemed like an almost forgotten footnote said to me the next day..."Don't tell anyone what happened."

I mention my personal attributes as a child with some importance because I have heard people say that predators prey on the weak, shy, soft spoken or easily intimidated. But, I was not either of those things. Well, okay, I was weak in that I was a child, but not weak in character. I mean if any child was going to tell or shout something from the roof tops...I was the kid.

But not this time.

There were no threats, I was not abducted, I still went home the next afternoon when my mother came to pick me up from this sleep over. And, because this person was part of our extended family, I would continue to see him from time to time for the rest of my life. And, to this day, he still lives without any recourse.

And, I am not alone. This is not just a story of me. It is also a story of you. Those of you who have experienced this similar violation and those of you who know someone who has.

And, today I come with the mission God placed on my heart...
To bring out into the light the things that the devil has tried to keep in the dark for centuries so we will all know who the child predators are among us. And, it begins by identifying these individuals in our own families to stop future generations from becoming prey. It is time to tell.

Think on this: Of family and friends, we know who the drug addicts are and who the alcoholics are and we don't allow our children to be left in their care, so why would we not share the knowledge of the pedophiles in our midst?

I am not intending to say that this is taking place in every family, but if it has happened to you or someone you know, will you pray with me that we will all find the way to expose this and bring it into the light so the evil one can stop using it for his agenda? (John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.")

There is so much more to share and I will continue to post. Even though I am not completely certain of step 2 in God's plan for me to begin this blog, I believe HIM and I am sure He will be faithful to accomplish much! (Gen 50:20 "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.")

Love,
V

2 comments:

  1. Valerie, I am so proud of you.
    --Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you, silent and hush is not God's way, He says shout praises about all the things He does for us so let's do it God's way and shout truth instead of hid making it shame opening it up to may more victims. God said to put those people out of the city, same as cast them out of the family unless they get help and that ownership.

    ReplyDelete